November 16, 2011 ExxonMobil Presentation Alaska Resource Development Council (LINK)
Quote from page 8:
Alaska North Slope Gas is competing in a growing & increasingly global marketplaceLINK to Video of the presentation.
• Resource development underpins economic growth for State
• Complexity of Alaska gas development dictates need for on-going stakeholder alignment
• Alignment with the State of Alaska
• Establish predictable and durable fiscal terms so an investment of this magnitude can be made
• Build on foundation of the Alaska Pipeline Project and AGIA framework
• Alignment among Producers
• Support from ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips and BP essential
• ExxonMobil is poised to work with all key stakeholders to shape the next generation of North Slope development
All true, but no Kumbaya moment yet.
Listening to the presentation I heard a hint of buy in for Alaskan LNG, or at least a pitch that ExxonMobil has what it takes to succeed at an Alaskan LNG project.