No real news on the Alaska Gas Line, so here are some gas industry related tidbits:
- Shell expands LNG option for 18-wheelers. Good, gas displaces lower 48 oil imports it also creates a new demand for lower 48 shale gas.
- TransCanada to build pipeline for Shell LNG plant. Money well spent. One third the capacity of the Alaska Gas Line at one fifth the price (LNG plant cost excluded). Another Link
- Gas Line Options
- Lower 48 Gas will displace coal for power generation. Combined cycle gas fired plants are the wave of the future.
- A reminder that all LNG investments are risky, things may turn sour in Australia.
- Dragging their heals on LNG exports. The feds aren't about to move on energy projects until the elections are over.